First of all, let's make a list of your iPhone iOS7 updating problem:
- If you update your iPhone mobile operating system to iOS7 but you have never backup it, you may lost all the data.
- If you remind that you have ever backup the iPhone data on iTunes backup and that data are stored in your PC, some of your data may be found back.
- If you try to connect your iPhone to PC and open the iTunes backup, and you have ever encrypted iPhone backup, then click the Restore Backup button and then it asks for a password to unlock backup, you can type the password to begin recovering your data.
- If you forgot iPhone backup password carelessly at this time, then you will have to restore this password in iTunes in order to retrieve your lost iPhone data.
As far as I am concerned, there is a professional iPhone backup unlocker named SmartKey iTunes Backup Password Recovery and it is designed to recover iTunes backup password for iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3gs, iPad and iPod Touch. With it, you are able to access password protected iPhone backup files in iTunes. It is famous and easy to use.
How to use this practical iTunes backup password recovery tool? Only need several simple steps to do that. You can see it as below:
Step 1: Download this iTunes backup password recovery program and then install it to your Windows-based computer. Then click to open this tool. Remember it is only support Windows OS.
Step 2: Click the Open button to insert your locked iPhone backup files. If you can't find it, you can try to default path as below:
- Windows 8: C:\Users>USERNAME>AppData>Roaming>Apple Computer>MobileSync>Backup
- Windows 7: C:\Users\uer\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Bckup
- Windows Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Bckup
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
Step 4: Click the Start button and then wait for a moment to find out your iPhone backup file password.
That's all about how to use an iTunes backup password recovery tool to recover iTunes iPhone backup password of iPhone backup file, then you can restore data of your iPhone after updating your iPhone to iOS7. For more details you can check out: http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/products/itunes-backup-password-recovery.html